Manager, Advanced Analytics
Join Discovery’s Advanced Analytics team whose mission is to be the best in class advanced TV team in the marketplace. It is our priority to be the experts on the use of advanced data for targeting and attribution in TV. The analytics team is responsible for development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs built using advanced advertising techniques and created for National Advertisers across the entire Discovery portfolio. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. This is a team of doers that empowers one another, approaches projects with optimism and purpose and challenges the status quo. We are seeking strategic visionaries, thinkers, and TV/digital lovers who want to be a part of crafting the future of television and entertainment.
1. Provide Ad Sales advanced analytics and measurement support starting with campaign advanced targeting through to impact/ROI analyses via the linkage of exposure/viewing data to available 1st party and/or 3rd party conversion data with heavy focus on hitting agency and client KPI objectives.
2. Partner with Ad Sales linear and digital teams to provide sound guidance to clients and agencies on advanced targeting data sources and methodologies; enable targets for planning team and optimization.
3. Analyze, QA, prepare, and lead the presentation of post-campaign results and insights grounded in campaign strategy and effectively “tell a story” with data for Ad Sales and advertising clients.
4. Utilize a broad spectrum of analytic tools and databases to identify key metrics, trends and insights that effectively position Discovery ad products and services to clients.
5. Own and manage external partner delivery timelines and operational workflows; review and QA incoming data sources to ensure they meet the requirements and are accurate, troubleshoot issues or delays as they arise.
6. Assist with the identification and development of new and progressive methodologies and data driven ad solutions.
7. Keep abreast of the rapidly-evolving technologies and analytical methods in TV, mobile, and digital spaces with a thorough understanding of the media and advertising ecosystem and its key players.
* BA/BS degree in business and/or statistics/mathematics preferred; advanced degree a plus.
* 3+ years professional experience in media and/or advertising analytics. Experience in both TV and digital analytics and attribution a plus
* Strong understanding of data and measurement solutions within the advertising field, both on the buy and sell sides, including familiarity with 3rd party data providers
* Proficient in excel and data/analytical related programs or dashboards, ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into relevant and actionable insights.
* Ability to take ownership of projects and open-ended problems and drive them to completion
* Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit
* Strong presentation development, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Ideal candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
* Experience positioning data for ad sales teams and clients; ability to “tell a story” with data
* Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple projects, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure
* Proficiency in statistics, a broad spectrum of research methodologies, and exploratory data analyses and tools. Working knowledge of statistical software tools (SPSS, SAS, Tableau, etc.) and/or data mining querying (SQL) is a plus
* Experience with consumer data and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Simmons, MRI, comScore, etc.) is preferred
* Familiarity with traditional and advanced advertising operations and how ads are served and measured across media platforms, including digital
* Solid understanding of the advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes. Can effectively speak to different advanced tv measurement methodologies
* Knowledge of major data and measurement players and in the space
* Experience working with vendors to develop primary research initiatives (qualitative and/or quantitative custom research)
* Strategic thinker with ability to think “out of the box” for measurement solutions that go beyond existing business and technology limitations
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, influence and work collaboratively