Manager, Analytics at TrialSpark
TrialSpark is a digital health company that accelerates the discovery of new treatments for patients by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, clinical trials are deeply inefficient. A single clinical trial can cost more than 100 million dollars and less than 10% of clinical trials are completed on time. Our mission is to bring treatments to patients faster by addressing these inefficiencies.Job Profile
TrialSpark is hiring our first Analytics Manager! Reporting to the Head of Data, this person will manage our growing team of Strategic Data Analysts, and will be responsible for promoting a decision-driven data culture. They are a leader who can motivate and mobilize the team, as well as influence product, operational and marketing stakeholders to follow their lead and implement new initiatives. The Analytics Manager is expected to help to shape what Analytics is, at TrialSpark. Working alongside Analytics Engineering and Data Science, they will apply analytics best practices to challenges in the healthcare / biopharma industry -- challenges that are unique to our efforts in re-imagining clinical trials.Responsibilities
The Analytics Manager will spend part of their time people-managing and part of their time operating as a senior individual contributor. The Data team's surface area spans the entire company, from building a high quality Network of practices and physicians, to optimizing our patient recruitment efforts, to partnering with our trial operations teams to ensure our clinical trials are of the highest quality and run as efficiently as possible. In addition, our team of analysts are growing and you will be the first Analytics Manager on the team. Some things you may be responsible for:
- People managing a growing team of Strategic Data Analysts -- this includes supporting their growth via mentorship, providing technical guidance, holding 1:1s, performance reviews and communicating their progress upwards. You will be expected to invest in your own growth as a manager, with support from the Head of Data.
- Helping to set Data's quarterly priorities and annual budget.
- Helping project manage your team's work: ensuring that their work is high quality, stakeholders are communicated with, and deliverables are shipped.
- Partnering with operational stakeholders to create KPIs, metrics and self service reporting around key questions.
- Providing insights and recommendations to stakeholders that can make a meaningful difference. Important to nail down those KPIs.
- Building the best and smartest data model to support business logic (we use dbt in our transformation layer).
- Using our BI dashboarding tool (we use Looker) to convey information to stakeholders, that is both useful and actionable. Cut through the noise.
- Working closely with the product and engineering teams to scale our data infrastructure (you'll partner with Analytics Engineering).
- 3-5 years of relevant analytical experience, and 2+ years of management experience
- Expertise in SQL, with basic knowledge of database design and warehousing concepts
- Expertise in Excel
- Experience using project management tools (Asana, Trello, Clubhouse, JIRA, ...).
- Experience with BI data viz tools (Looker, Mode, DOMO, Tableau, …)
- Bonus points for having experience working in the healthcare space and with healthcare data (EHR, claims, labs, ...)
- Bonus points for experience with dbt or similar transformation tool
- Bonus points for knowledge of Python, R, or another similar scripting language
- Strong analytical mindset. You know that data should be leveraged to make the best decisions possible.
- You are passionate about our mission. You are excited about building the right team to bring medical treatments to patients faster.
- You are organized, persistent and empathetic. You consistently follow-up on tasks and aren’t afraid to track down people to help solve problems.