Manager, Business Intelligence
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About This Position:
The Manager, Business Intelligence will partner with the existing ops team and help drive analysis specific to our go-to-market strategy, leveraging our data to build better prioritization and focus essential to scaling our world-class Sales team. This includes planning, reporting, assisting in quota setting and management, program management, sales process optimization, and creating internal business intelligence reports that track the health of the sales organization as well as our enterprise offerings.
The Manager, Business Intelligence is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities within the sales organization are set, enabled, and tracked.
- Conduct sophisticated investigations and analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages and presentations that guide strategic choices across the Sales organization
- Manage and drive key projects end to end in terms of orchestrating all the right key stakeholders, doing check-ins and managing timely deliverables and overall results back to Ops team and leadership connected to said project
- Develop regular, optimized reporting (e.g., weekly forecasting, QBRs) that enable Sales leadership to keep a pulse on business performance, including clear insight into key business drivers
- Identify and evaluate trends and performance measured against sales targets and strategic initiatives
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving problems of varying levels of complexity, prioritizing critical client issues and identifying department needs
- Recommend and develop new sales support initiatives to expand and improve output
- Evaluate new and existing tools to help the sales team get the most value from software investments
- 5+ years of experience working in sales, business or marketing operations, or business management and leading a team
- A deep understanding of sales operations and Salesforce with a minimum of five (5) years direct relevant experience
- Proven leader with demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing streamlined processes
- Great communication skills with the ability to translate complex data analyses into clear and compelling narratives for Sales and Business leaders
- Great attention to detail, self-motivated, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent data analytics skills and strong business acumen; proven ability to leverage complex datasets to refine and answer significant strategic questions
- Strong technical, research, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Expert in BI tools and CRM systems; highly proficient using and managing Salesforce
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, sales/marketing, or related discipline
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.