Manager, Customer Insights
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
At Harry’s, our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of consumers is key to driving our business strategy and our Consumer Insights team is at the center of making that happen. Our insights team continuously taps our customers and consumers to understand what we’re doing well, where we can make improvements, and what they want to see from Harry’s in the future.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative and curious insights expert who quickly translates business needs into approaches for learning that keep us on the leading edge of male grooming. As the Manager of Customer Insights, you’ll represent the voice of our consumers and customers to inform business decisions and unlock growth opportunities across our marketing, retail, and innovation teams. You will be the expert on category consumers and the competitive market to identify and answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust and reliable custom research.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Harry’s customer (attitudes, behaviors, values) and emerging trends likely to shift current grooming habits
- Work in partnership with our brand strategy and R&D teams to build a long-term product portfolio that delights key segments throughout the customer journey
- Guide the optimization of product and commercial innovation with insights that create a competitive advantage through product, claims, and marketing messages
- Translate business needs into an ongoing insights roadmap comprised of projects likely to result in actionable learning with positive business impact. Execute and manage multiple primary market research projects simultaneously and deliver timely results
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams and senior management by distilling results to essential learning and actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Enhance current insights processes and approaches related to innovation and evaluating long-term strategies
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault – Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are equally comfortable executing research projects on your own or working with external partners
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with strong recommendations based on market trends and consumer facts
- Unwaveringly objective – You represent the voice of the consumer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to initial hypotheses or prior learning
- You geek out on the idea of uncovering insights that unlock business growth and product offerings that appeal to an ever wider base of loyal customers
- You are highly collaborative and able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- 3-4 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools with strong experience in innovation, claims, and brand insights
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Director, Customer Insights
- Provide direct support to the Brand Strategy and Innovation teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights and R&D teams
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.