About the Team
At Harry’s, the consumer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of guys is key to driving our business strategy and our Consumer Insights team is at the center of making that happen. We continuously tap our customers and consumers to understand what we’re doing well, where we can make improvements, and what they want to see from Harry’s in the future.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative, curious, and analytical insights expert who quickly translates business needs into approaches for learning that keep us on the leading edge of men’s grooming. As a Manager of Insights, you will represent the voice of our consumers and customers to inform business decisions and unlock significant growth for our brand. You will be the expert on category consumers and the competitive market to identify and answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust and reliable custom research.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Harry’s customer and their omni-channel purchase journey, loyalty drivers and barriers
- Uncover robust consumer and category insights to inspire motivating communications, meaningful innovation, and a positive brand experience
- Represent the voice of the consumer on a cross-functional team responsible for defining and executing a category growth strategy
- Translate business needs into an ongoing insights roadmap; design and independently execute a full plan comprised of DIY primary market research and syndicated analyses that deliver timely results to inform category decisions
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams, senior management, and external partners by distilling results to essential learning and actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Help enhance our insights capabilities to strengthen the breadth and depth of insights for an ever-stronger understanding of our guy
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault – Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- Passionate about consumers and customers – You champion a “consumer first” mindset that strengthens our understanding of the category, consumers, and the omni-channel customer journey
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are energized by executing research projects on your own or occasionally working with external partners when required
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable analyzing and weaving together disparate information from primary research, syndicated data, and publicly available sources into a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Unwaveringly objective – You represent the voice of the customer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to ingoing hypotheses or prior learning
- You geek out on the idea of uncovering insights that unlock opportunities to enhance the customer experience and expand our base of loyal customers
- You are highly collaborative and able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- 3-5 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods. DTC brand experience is a plus.
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative tools, moderating qualitative research, working with large databases, and conducting analytics to garner learning from raw data
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Sr. Director, Customer Insights
- Provide direct support to the Marketing, Retail and Direct-to-Consumer teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights and U.S. brand teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.