Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers and peers will love.
Reporting to the Head of Data & Analytics, the Analytics Manager will collaborate with business partners across the organization to catalyze growth by providing robust and relevant analysis, insights and actionable data-guided recommendations. The ideal candidate for this position will be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The analytics team is hands-on with a wide variety of datasets, including salesforce data, product behavior data, financial/payment data, trust and safety data, and operational/infrastructure data.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- In particular this role will work with Customer Support and Success initially, and analytics related to that functional area
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees
- Dive into a variety of datasets becoming a subject matter expert on the data generated by, and used by our User Experience, Product, Customer Success, Support, and Sales teams
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc
- Share a range of information, reasoning, insights and recommendations that will drive decisions by our key stakeholder teams, from simple SQL queries, to more advanced long-term modeling and strategic analysis
- Build and maintain inclusive partnerships directly with key stakeholders across DO, proactively identifying opportunities to provide clear data-guided reasoning and insights that validate or refute existing hypotheses and lead to new, impactful outcomes or initiatives
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Evangelize and facilitate the development and implementation of quality controls and departmental standards to ensure standardized KPIs and consistent measurement methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field, MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in quantitative analytics role, and 3 years of experience leading a team, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be efficient and work independently while also being able to collaborate effectively in a group setting, organize and manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and confidence to make conclusions and recommendations for action from data
- Proactive communication skills and track record of setting and executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Experience building easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), and ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience with data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Bonus: Prior experience working with success or support teams
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here