Manager, Data Governance at Peloton
The Enterprise Data team, part of the broader CIO organization, is looking for a proactive and collaborative self-starter to support the team’s mission to drive and implement the enterprise data strategy across enterprise applications/systems. This will be achieved through recognizing the vision of mastering the firm’s business-critical data and defining a detailed roadmap to enable visibility and controls across multiple domains. You will need to interact with multiple stakeholders across the organization to align on a consistent data model, scope, requirements and accountability.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding business systems team in a high-growth global organization that is open to innovative ideas. You will have the opportunity to design, build and implement best practice data management standards including creating partnerships, enhancing and managing data traceability and end user tools needed for managing the many product offerings of Peloton. You will lead a small team of business analysts and engineers.
Who You Are:
- You have the ability to analyze business problems and develop both long-term sustainable solutions and also quick tactical solutions;
- You can articulate complex concepts in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders;
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills;
- You are a proactive problem solver, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity;
- You value the different strengths of your team, and have the ability to motivate, develop, mentor and coach;
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution;
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions;
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Together we can”; and
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore.
- Lead a small team of analysts and engineers to define/enhance the metadata governance framework;
- Design processes and enhance tools (or select new tools) that enable controls and traceability;
- Drive project execution to ensure on time and on budget delivery of requirements;
- Drive root cause analysis where issues are noted and be the enterprise systems champion for prioritization and remediation;
- Where remediation has been planned, lead the following:
- Documentation and analysis of current business processes, including the underlying systems/applications.
- Gathering and documentation of business requirements in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Translation of business requirements into functional specifications;
- Supporting cross-functional teams with solution design and testing.
- Facilitate consistent adoption of data principles, policies, standard and frameworks across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption.
- Develop strong working relationships with your Enterprise Data team peers and across the wider Peloton teams;
- Lead the research, development & implementation of special data quality projects, as needed and;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical peers and business users
Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working and managing metadata
- Hands-on experience working with data governance tools (i.e. Infomatica, Collibra)
- Experience with enterprise data and integration tools (i.e. Boomi)
- Experience with data inventory and cataloging
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in data-driven and governance-focused role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SQL language proficiency with at least one of the common database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and/or DB2 database management systems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
- Retail or manufacturing experience
- Agile (SCRUM) experience
- Software development in a programming language (other than SQL)
- Experience managing third-party vendor or consulting resources
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.