Manager, Data Science
Blink Health is fixing how broken, opaque, and unfair healthcare is. We're a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission. We’re changing healthcare through technology and transparency. With our proprietary technology, everyone now has access to the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. But there is more work to do.
We are a continuously learning, curious, collaborative team dedicated to inventing new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. We're assembling the experienced and talented team to get this done.
About the role:
Blink is seeking an experienced leader to join our Data Science and Monetization Team. This is a small and growing team of versatile analysts positioned at the center of everything at Blink Health.
The Manager of the Data Science and Monetization team will be responsible for hiring and developing a team of talented analysts. They will provide both strategic context and technical mentorship to their team. At times they may need to act as player/coach, jumping in to support strategic projects requiring senior level involvement. Candidates must have a strong foundation of technical and quantitative skills and be focused on how insights can impact business results. They must also have at least 4 years of experience directly managing high performing teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire and develop a team of high performing Data Scientists and Product Analysts.
- Efficiently manage the team’s resources to ensure it remains focused on the highest impact projects and its priorities are aligned with Product and Engineering.
- Provide technical leadership to the team. You do not need to be an expert in everything, but you do need to be someone the team can learn from.
- Work cross functionally to understand how teams can better utilize insights either from the Data Science team or by helping teams become more self-sufficient.
- Jump in when needed to deliver insights to Blink’s Senior Leadership Team.
What You’ll Need:
- At least 4 years’ experience managing quantitative teams and at least 3 years of prior experience working as a data scientist or analyst.
- Deep quantitative skills and experience with applied analytics. Strong understanding of statistical analysis, including experimental design, and experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Strong technical skills and experience working with large and complex data sets.
- Ability to translate business needs to analytic requirements and take the results of complex analyses and communicate them to a broad audience.
- Operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in either the consumer internet space or healthcare industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first.
It's our ambition that everyone at Blink is doing the best work of their lives.
Your professional development is paramount. Not only will you have the opportunity to learn alongside some of the best in the business, but we also host a multitude of structured in-office learning opportunities: extensive onboarding, Brown Bags, Women's leadership classes, deep dives on health care issues, Book Club, and our Blink Thinks series with external guests. We have a number of personalized programs --- including weekly check-ins with your manager and Blink Individualized Growth (aka B.I.G.) Plans ---- to ensure you are always growing.
In addition to the satisfaction of working for a mission-driven company, we offer a competitive salary, fully-sponsored healthcare, stock options, communal breakfast and lunch every day, Blink-sponsored clubs, monthly events, happy hours, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status