Manager Digital Consumer Insights
The Discovery Digital team works at the cross roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery is seeking an enthusiastic Manager to join our Digital Strategy and Insights group. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced and collaborative in-house research team, and to generate and share insights with highly engaged stakeholders. Your work will span a range of different research types, including surveys, focus groups, usability testing, and desk research, and will directly influence the development of digital products used by millions of customers – such as the Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet and HGTV apps.
If you have a track record and passion for designing, managing and executing custom research and/or usability studies, then we would love to talk to you about joining our team in support of the Director of Digital Consumer Insights.
1. Support Director of Digital Consumer Insights in the design and execution of a range of types of research studies, both qualitative and quantitative
2. Synthesize and analyze data collected from surveys, usability testing and other research studies; translate research insights into actionable recommendations and direction
3. Design and/or moderate regularly-scheduled (weekly/monthly) usability tests across Discovery’s suite of digital products
4. Manage day-to-day relationships and project logistics with external research partners
5. Track, collate and share consumer feedback submitted on our sites and apps
6. Act as a knowledge source on the offerings and feature sets of competitive sites and apps
7. Update internal stakeholders on news and trends in the TV Everywhere and OTT space
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
* 5+ years of experience designing, managing and/or executing custom/primary research studies (quantitative research methodologies, survey design, data analysis)
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills; ability to translate research findings into easily digestible, actionable insights
* Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects and set priorities to ensure deadlines are met or exceeded
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Prior experience designing and/or moderating usability research (remote or in-person) is desirable
* Prior qualitative research experience is a plus
* Prior experience working with digital media brands is a plus