Manager, Engineering - Global Data Platforms at Datadog (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for a Manager to lead and grow teams that support mission critical, open source datastore use at Datadog. These teams build tooling for, directly manage, and are subject matter experts for many of the datastores that Datadog builds products upon including Postgres, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, and Elasticsearch. Today these teams manage hundreds of clusters across multiple regions and multiple cloud providers, all running on Kubernetes and all only expected to grow.
You will join at a time where we are just starting to define the solutions for the next level of growth at Datadog. As part of that, you will have the opportunity to play a major role in that process and to guide the team as it transitions from 1:1 consultations to providing self-service offerings used by nearly every backend engineering team at Datadog.
- Manage both managers and individual contributors, grow teams of exceptional Engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Work with teams across Datadog to ensure we are supporting their existing datastore needs and to make sure we understand what additional needs teams expect to have in the future
- Contribute to shaping the future of how datastores are managed and used at Datadog as we grow from hundreds to thousands of clusters
- Help guide teams as they evolve from internal consultants to internal product development
- You have managed teams with a heavy mix of operational and development work
- You have either managed teams that owned large scale datastores or had similar high scale and high availability responsibilities
- You have been building applications for 10+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant backend programming experience
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You have experience operating Postgres, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis or Zookeeper at scale and/or on Kubernetes
- You have experience working with cloud providers to troubleshoot issues, plan capacity, and develop roadmaps
- You have experience both providing traditional infrastructure support and developing self-service offerings used by dozens of teams.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Manager, Engineering - Global Data Platforms role has an annual starting salary of $200,000, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.