Manager, Health Care Analytics (Provider Network) at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an Analytics Manager to design and build analytic solutions that will inform business decisions, drive improvement in total cost of care and health outcomes for our member population.
The Analytics Manager will be responsible for providing and maintaining provider network analytics, monitoring program performance to the organizations KPIs, identifying and recommending areas of improvement.
Healthcare data is complicated, so you must be excited about digging deep into complex data, and coming up with interesting, actionable insights to communicate to the team. Behind every data element is a real person, with real problems that Cityblock is working hard to address, and the Data team is responsible for delivering accurate and timely information to steer these efforts.
If you like hard problems, have experience pulling insight out of complex structured and unstructured data sources, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field: computer science, data science, mathematics, physics, health sciences or related field; or equivalent experience
- Prior experience within the healthcare industry
- 5+ years of experience in advanced analytics, delivering actionable insights from data, database and big data analytics environments
- 2+ years of experience with business intelligence (data visualization and dashboarding) such as Tableau, Looker and multiple scripting languages (SQL, Scala, R, Python, etc)
- Proficiency with SQL for multiple databases (BigQuery, standard MSSQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Teradata)
- Exposure to healthcare data from multiple sources: Payor claims processing, EDI, EHR, HIE, PBM as well as standard clinical metrics and taxonomies (HEDIS, STARS, HCC, CCS, etc)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving skills and growth mindset are essential
How We Define Success:
- Documentation and maintenance of provider network analytics roadmap
- Confidently manage all aspects of provider reporting and can serve as the primary point person to respond to any reporting needs or questions
- Have a solid grasp of the industry metrics like readmissions per 1000, length of stay, etc. and our underlying provider data sources (e.g., claims, payer data, third-party vendor data)
- Serve as a strong partner to the network team to address any data needs or concerns
- High rate of adoption of data driven provider network recommendations
- Identification and valuation of new opportunities to improve care and/or operations that enables meeting or exceeding targeted performance
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Comfort across a range of data analysis tools such as Python or R
- Agile delivery team experience
- Enjoy working remotely
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.