Manager, Market Research and Insights at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do:
You will be part of a global market research and insight team to develop and implement a strategic and tactical research and insights agenda. You will use first party, primary and secondary research and insights to inform our marketing and commercial strategy by enabling data-driven decisions and communication. You will collaborate regularly with the Global Marketing, PR/Comms, Content Development, Commercial Activation and Business Intelligence leaders. Finding insights from data, turning insights into actionable recommendations, stories and best practices to enable our marketing, sales and client activation efforts should be your calling.
- Manage market research and insights projects informed and aligned with key stakeholders that enable the business to remain focused on prioritized issues and topics.
- Gather, assimilate, analyze, and present timely, relevant research and insights for customer, advertising industry, The Trade Desk platform and vertical trends to a wide variety of stakeholders inclusive of commercial activation, product marketing, PR/comms and content development.
- Conceive, lead, and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies; identifying and managing key external partners to work with.
- Project manage research initiatives from study design and inception through completion (design, questionnaire development, data collection, analysis, reporting).
- Develop a deep understanding of the advertising industry including, trends, media mix shifts, best practices, competitors, etc., and develop frameworks to synthesize this understanding into insights for the business.
- Deliver research and insight projects, using both qualitative and quantitative methods, with a strong emphasis on delivering insights/results with impact.
- Work with potential research and data source partners: Kantar, Nielsen, Advertiser Perceptions, Forrester, eMarketer, GWI, Ipsos, and others.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the AdTech, broader digital media industry, television or streaming industry, a SaaS platform or media consultancy.
- Have an understanding, and experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and technologies to deliver customer and market research and insights quickly!
- Passionate for the digital media and AdTech industry with a strong commitment to continual learning.
- A team player who leads discussions and can equally be a great listener; Enjoy sharing best practices and knowledge with others.
- Have great written and verbal communications skills. Ability to present insights and analytical findings to technical and non-technical audiences; distill complex research concepts/techniques into simple, relevant meaning for internal and external stakeholders.
- Can work independently and be a self-starter, ambitious, and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done despite competing priorities and challenges along the way.
- Have strong project management and time management skills; Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize work appropriately.
- Have meticulous attention to detail and able to produce deliverables on-time at a very high bar.
- Oh yeah, this should probably go without saying, but you have excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and written and visual communication skills.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.