Squarespace is looking for a Manager of Market Research to build operational excellence within our Market Research function. With millions of websites across the globe, Squarespace has a diverse customer base. The Market Research team strives to learn about their needs and goals, and to use that understanding to improve our product and marketing strategies.
We are looking for an inquisitive, detail-oriented person who is willing to contribute to the research process end-to-end. You will manage Market Research associates, help refine and improve the team's operations, from survey design and programming, data analysis reporting, to tracking project impact. In addition to a passion for research and curiosity for our industry, you have a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and have the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once. Experience with market research operations, project management and people management are required for this role. This position is based in New York City and reports directly to the Head of Market Research and Customer Insights.
- Manage the Market Research project roadmap, stakeholder communication and program advocacy
- Manage Market Research associates, and develop team's primary competencies
- Support associates with daily research needs, including background research, recruitment for research studies, survey programming/testing, field management, data cleaning/maintenance, and deck creation
- Refine the team's recurring reporting needs (e.g. monthly or quarterly insight reports)
- Build operational best practices, from stakeholder to vendor management, improving and owning project documentation, and overseeing the creation of standardized language, deliverables and templates to be used by the full team.
- 5-7 years of experience in market research, consumer insights, or related areas
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred
- Survey design and survey programming experience
- Experience working with a variety of research methodologies (qual & quant) and vendor partners a plus
- Must be comfortable digging into raw datasets to generate actionable insights
- Experience writing and creating clean, synthesized executive reports from multiple sources
- Curious, inquisitive mindset and excited to learn the ins and outs of market research at Squarespace
- Very comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to balance competing priorities while collaborating and sharing responsibilities across the team
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.