Manager of NextGen Analytics, Data Solutions Group at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Looking to continue building your career at MSK? Do you love analyzing data and telling stories with impactful insights in the healthcare domain? Passionate about making a difference? We have an exciting new opportunity to work with a collaborative team.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is looking for a Manager of NextGen Analytics! This position will report directly to our newly appointed Senior Director and Head of NextGen Analytics and AI/ML in the Digital Solutions group of MSKCC DigITs (Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions) organization. We are looking for someone to manage a team of 10-15 experienced individuals, serving on demand, ad hoc and scheduled dataset requests and crafting insightful analytical dashboards for teams across Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, focusing on patient treatment and breakthrough research.
This is a very motivating role, that provides you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of patients and drive operational efficiencies across MSKCC. You and your team will work closely with the AI/ML Delivery, Research, Engineering and Program Management teams.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team with data and analytics solution engineers.
- Prioritize DataLine project requests and lead the timeline for on-target delivery.
- Engage team in SAFe agile delivery process supporting multiple release trains.
- Partner with Analytics colleagues across MKSCC to share standard methodologies, tools and knowledge.
- Coach and motivate team to develop new skills in data science, data engineering and visualization through various learning platforms
- Communicate insights to key partners in the business via blogs, presentations and live demos.
- Actively collaborate with the AI/ML teams to showcase the power of exploratory data analysis.
- Encourage team to demonstrate technical eminence by publishing blogs on internal and external sites.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years people management experience with empathy and mentoring capability
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Resilient, willing to take action, and able to manage complexity
- Data informed with good understanding of multi-modal and polyglot data repositories, spanning Relational, NoSQL and modern Big data architectures
- Strong Analytical and Visualization skills with hands-on experience with BI tools Tableau and Cognos and optionally data science visualizations such as Brunel, Matplotlib, Ggplot2, Rgl
- Solid understanding of SQL and basic familiarity with popular Python and R languages
- Healthcare experience a plus; we’re excited to enhance your domain skills!
- Bachelors in either Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Health Informatics. Master's Degree is highly preferred. Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> A member from the talent acquisition group will connect with you via video interview -> Next, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by video -> Once the initial interviews have completed, the TAG team can provide post-interview feedback -> offer will be presented followed by reference and background verification -> orientation & official welcome to MSK.