Manager, Operational Learning Analytics & Reporting at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock Health (CBH) is looking for an experienced Manager, Operational Learning Analytics and Reporting to join the L&D Team.
L&D is an enterprise team that is striving to cultivate a strong learning culture at Cityblock Health. A key accountability is fostering exploration and designing innovative content to educate, upskill and develop new hires, implementation and expansion teams, clinical, non-member facing folx on how to build capabilities that drive predictability, stability and reliability of the Cityblock Health Care Model.
This role will co-create, implement and manage the E2E learning evaluation strategy. Consult with and provide data driven guidance to L&D leaders, share clear and actionable recommendations, and co-create implementation/projects with other leaders/peers to drive substantive measurement of learning impact. This role will help guide us in the evolution of our data-driven strategizing, decision making and demand planning, including playbooks, practices, infrastructures, tools and processes. The Manager, Operational Learning Analytics and Reporting will successfully partner with peer teams managing measurement strategies, building dashboards, architecting reports and automating processes. In addition to partnerships across multiple teams, this role will establish deep working relationships with L&D leaders, People Ops, Implementation and Expansion teams, IT, Member Products, and Markets. Critical to all elements of this role is the incorporation of our core values to sustain a team standard of trust, innovation, celebration of successes, and support and fostering the stability, reliability and predictability of the care.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field preferred
- 5-8 years related experience in advanced analytics, big data, relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques, and system testing
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data from a variety of internal and external sources
- Ability to present recommendations based on data to leadership
- Dashboarding and graphic visualization experience with Domo, Tableau or PowerBI
- Data modeling and programming experience
- Business Assessment
- Financial Analysis
- Establish leading and lagging indicators
- Forecasting experience
- Business case development
- Experience with Google, Apple and Microsoft technology
- Experience working abstract and complex problems into project plans and deliverables
- Strong cross functional influencing and engagement skills
- You have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- You have the desire to contribute to a learning and evolving model of care, and a quickly growing staff
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care.
- You have the ability to travel periodically to support implementation and expansion activities
How We Define Success:
- Consult with the business to diagnose, solution and improve performance to foster and preserve the stability, reliability and predictability of Cityblock Health care model
- Systemize L&D's and business intelligence and operational processes to surpass learning and business impact goals and learner NPS
- Liaise with finance to compile the L&D budget and forecasts
- Control L&D costs and introduce tactical initiatives to address circumvention and other losses
- Manage procurement processes in accordance with procurement and legal policies
- Prepare timely and accurate financial performance reports
- Build dashboards and data infrastructure towards a coherent tech and data ecosystem
- Leverage tools, such as SQL, Tableau, Domo and Excel, L&D apps, and CBH apps, to drive analytics and enable client self-service on routine queries
- Synthesize data and information for storytelling, making recommendations and influencing stakeholders
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, building and recommending solutions to key business partners in collaboration with other members of the IT team
- Turn insight into action with impact
- Work collaboratively in a relationship-oriented, matrixed, fluid, growing and complex environment
- Partner with L&D and the business to develop compelling insights and deliver scaled solutions
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our L&D decisions
- Investigate ways to measure and visualize existing processes for internal efficiency analysis and stakeholder communication
- Manage multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
- Build relationships with key cross-functional partners to understand how content is being received and engaged within Cityblock Health and take action based on feedback
- Stay current with human capital and learning trends - always look for new ways to help us to remain innovative and effective in democratizing learning
- Analyzes and forecasts business and market trends to maintain competitive learning edge
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Stays current in best practices, tools, and applications across human capital, learning and performance industry
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Provides input to Cityblock's Learning strategy and specific Learning development plans
- Actively understand and collaborate with IT and Product team to understand the technology and product feature releases and changes that underpin the care model and impact the folx performance
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a technology-enabled healthcare setting
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.