We're looking for a Manager, Unstructured Data Processing (UDP) Operations to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will oversee workforce management and capacity planning across several business lines that support UDP’s ability to unlock the value of unstructured data. Reporting to the Director of UDP Operations, the initial focus of this role is to develop and implement a scalable workforce plan for imaging deliverables and to oversee Flatiron’s mortality data team, with one direct report and several indirect reports. Additionally, you will:
- Contribute to operations improvement for our abstraction operations team, which supports our large remote workforce of clinical experts who abstract data across multiple diseases.
- Understand the needs of the UDP team(s) you lead in order to be an effective advocate for staff, resources, and technical support required to be successful
- Collaborate with UDP’s Product Operations Manager to clearly articulate product improvement needs that will unlock capacity, support stability, and promote reliability of the platform used for imaging review workflows
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders to ensure teams are collectively making data-driven process and prioritization decisions
- Understand the needs of cross functional teams and foster collaboration that supports Flatiron’s strategy and goals
The Manager, UDP Operations will work collaboratively with Flatiron’s People and IT teams to build and support a sustainable workforce plan for our growing workforce supporting imaging deliverables, and to continue to support our strong mortality data and abstraction teams. In addition, this role will coordinate with Flatiron’s imaging product team to understand customer needs and expectations, and our Research Data Platforms (RDP) team to ensure that our technical infrastructure enables efficient and effective workflows and monitoring.
Who You Are
You're a systems thinker and problem solver with at least five years of progressive experience managing projects and teams, building and optimizing operations. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 5+ years in an operations or tactical role
- You have 2+ years of people management experience
- You have strong project management skills and excellent organizational and analytical skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional teams
- You have strong Excel skills, adept at data analysis and commitment to making data-driven decisions
- You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, growing technology environment
- You have a problem solving mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results; with the ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- You have a nose for value; ability to effectively prioritize in a challenging, time-sensitive environment
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience managing remote employees
- You have healthcare experience
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.