Manager or Director of Analysis and Insights (Operations) at Covera Health
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Manager or Director of Analysis and Insight (Operations) to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. As a Manager or Director of Analysis and Insight at Covera Health, it is crucial that you have experience leveraging your knowledge of the business to conduct detailed and insightful analysis regarding operational performance and the development of tactical activities to support program success. You will work within our Operations team to create a data-driven approach to everything that we do. You will build scalable management and reporting practices, and work cross functionally with our Data Science, Engineering, and Provider Partnerships teams to lead a variety of data analysis and reporting and drive decision-making to enhance the value of our clinical programs.
You will be a be a problem solver, in everything you do, having now problem rolling up your sleeves to get things done. Be analytical and data-driven, insightful and a clear communicator, and tactical and action-oriented. You will support strategic and operational decisions based on data-driven insights.
You will be expected to:
- Develop analytical approaches and conduct analyses to drive business value, while working with a variety of healthcare data, including longitudinal claims data, utilization management and authorization data, healthcare provider data, and other relevant data sources
- Communicate meaningful insights and apply an understanding of the business to analyses to support operations
- Contribute to the design of longer-term business intelligence infrastructure and strategy by developing requirements with Engineering and Data Science teams and supporting development of prototype solutions
- Collaborate on data analysis projects and communication of results to internal and external stakeholders
- Support strategic and operational decision-making through organizing, analyzing, and scrutinizing the various data sets available to the business
- Proactively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand how key questions and problems can be answered with data and analytics
- Review KPIs, define measurement methodology, and enhance and create operational dashboards that contribute to monitoring the performance Covera Health’s Centers of Excellence program(s)
- Work with Data Engineers to create the right data structures for reporting purposes
- Identify gaps and data inefficiencies to improve data quality and reports
- 4-7 years work experience in healthcare data analysis and working with healthcare claims data
- Fluent in SQL and scripting in Python
- Experience producing in-depth analyses and reporting in a self-directed environment
- BS or Masters degree in computer science or related technology Experience working with healthcare claims data
You'll be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time-off, and a nice, new office space. Most importantly, you'll get to work with an incredible team of other smart, motivated people who are passionate about changing healthcare for the better!