Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Manager, Data & Reporting who will be instrumental in developing a world class team of report developers. The ideal candidate is already a master of dashboard and report design and loves to mentor and coach others to achieve the same level of expertise. As Manager, Data & Reporting, you'll partner with business stakeholders in our operations organization to develop and execute a roadmap of reporting assets with a focus on repeatability and flexibility. Along with managerial duties, you will be expected to also work on projects directly. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface data-driven insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the leaders across the organization. We need data, reporting and analysis to do this!To succeed in this role, you should love both partnering with leaders across the business to execute our overall reporting vision as well as coaching your team to execute at their highest caliber.
The Impact You Will Make
- Develop and maintain an ecosystem of dashboards, data sources and supplemental material that is focused on accuracy, transparency and ease of use.
- Lead a team of talented report developers with a focus on coaching and mentorship.
- Work with other analytics leaders to ensure consistency in approach across various reporting workstreams.
- Empower business stakeholders in our Operations org to make timely business decisions based on data.
- Manage and delegate inbound analytics requests for your team with a strict adherence to expected delivery timelines.
- Get your hands dirty! You will be leading a growing team so you'll be expected to work on larger projects directly.
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-2 Years experience directly managing or mentoring data analysts.
- High level of Tableau expertise or similar BI visualization tool with 6-8 years experience building and maintaining a cohesive reporting ecosystem.
- A mastery of dashboard design; ability to take very complex data questions and display them in intuitive visual dashboards for non-technical users.
- Proven track record of effectively managing an analytics team or mentoring team members in a lead capacity.
- High level of proficiency writing SQL with expertise in query optimization and efficiency for large data pulls
- Advanced verbal, written and visual communication skills - both in the design and rollout of reporting assets and providing clear direction to your team.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who's ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]