Manager, Risk & Analytics - ODX
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
At ODX, we’re focused on helping banks reinvent the small business lending process. We provide a unique combination of market-leading software, analytic insights, and professional services to deliver a game changing digital experience. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of OnDeck (NYSE: ONDK), one of the largest online small business lenders, ODX draws on the heritage of $10 billion loaned over the last decade. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
An ODX-powered bank experience allows customers to apply digitally, receive immediate decisions, and obtain funding as fast as same day. At the core of the ODX solution is a modular, scalable, and secure SaaS platform that enables banks to create a fully end-to-end digital experience or to select certain components. By utilizing the ODX platform, banks can focus on their desired business outcomes such as improved customer experiences, increased portfolio growth, and reduced processing costs.
Analytics & Risk Department @ ODX
The Analytics and Risk Department at ODX builds financial products that empower our partners’ digital lending strategies. We provide solutions to our partners that the end customers - Small Business Owners - use to create financial leverage for their business. Our job starts with identifying our clients’ needs, exploring the feasibility of analytical solutions to those needs, and evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different ODX departments to build and launch the analytical solution. But our job does not end there, because we also provide expert professional services to continuously monitor and improve our partners’ digital lending platforms. A good risk analyst possesses credit knowledge in the consumer lending space, thorough knowledge of data science, advanced statistical knowledge, and expertise in Python.
This position requires frequent client interaction and support. Hence maturity and strong communication skills are crucial.
As the Manager of Analytics & Risk at ODX, you will:
- Be integral to the team responsible for ODX’s digital loan originations platform for banks.
- Partner with leading global Banks to deliver large-scale transformation and improve lending strategies, statistical models, and controls across a full suite of products, geographic markets, and stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Perform data pulls using SQL and analyze data using Python on small business data to improve credit strategies, business profitability, and customer experience.
- Implement and review frameworks, documentation, policies, and algorithms that enable the efficient processing of credit risk management decisions.
- Work with our Product, Technology and Bank Partnership teams to tackle issues and build out new risk management capabilities and refine existing ones.
- Communicate with Senior internal and external stakeholders and executives.
- Ideate and help launch next-generation lending products and structures that will drive the next round of innovation and disruption within the small business lending ecosystem.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Mathematics from a top tier university
- 5 to 7 years of Credit Risk and Analytics experience within the retail lending industry or risk analytics consulting
- Outstanding communicator. Possesses good written/oral communications skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner. Can effectively tailor communication to specific audiences. Adapts approach to fit the situation and people at hand. Has keen attention to detail, flawlessly executing role responsibilities. Stays open minded and proactively keeps communication going when there are breakdowns.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Personable and can quickly engender people’s confidences. Able to lead effectively without authority. Capable of building relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural consultative style. Builds positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results. Demonstrates active listening, and practices open, honest and direct communication.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.Previous experience in developing creative solutions to business strategy, technological, and operational problems
- Excellent SQL and analytic programming skills (Python, Excel), willingness to work closely with large data sets and get into the details with business processes
- Strong organization skills. Ability to absorb and organize large amounts of information and anticipate issues or conflicts as they come up
- Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role that is a key contributor to ODX’s continued success
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Credit risk scorecard development, preferably at a Federally regulated bank or financial services company
- Experience in Model Governance and Controls
- Thorough knowledge of principles of credit risk management and forecasting trends
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally managing teams and manage projects performed by external vendors
- Specific experience in managing data platforms, business rules, and operational flows
- Hands-on experience working with transactional, credit bureau, and/or time series data in a consumer or commercial credit environment
ODX’s groundbreaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck and ODX believe that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**