Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed has the best audience data in the industry. Period. We are unleashing our proprietary data this year, along with the audience signals that only a content-rich company like BuzzFeed can provide. By category. By interest. By platform. We are prepared to challenge preconceptions of modern consumer behaviors as the industry knows it.
We are looking for a passionate, data-driven mind to forge a new path for our advertising business at BuzzFeed. BuzzFeed is the dominant online media brand, informing and entertaining over 500 million monthly readers globally. This role will be critical to activating our enterprise data strategy and helping our industry navigate a privacy-first measurement world.
As the Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics, you will bring the voice of our readers to life across our client base so marketers can plan simpler, faster, and better using robust consumer signals across platforms.
This role requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with a proficiency at problem-solving and a strong command of social and digital media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, the ability to interface effectively with strategic partners, and the skills to convert data into actionable insights and recommendations for our clients. This person is a gifted collaborator that reaches across the aisle between teams.
If you love data and love media, this job is meant for you. Will you help us change the conversation?
- Be our compass in a cookieless world. Lead our efforts in first-party audience insights, developing, executing, and evolving insights services that help bring the signals of our consumers to our key advertising partners.
- Champion our consumers and clients. Interface with strategic clients, identifying campaign/brand goals, executing impactful research projects, make actionable recommendations and presenting results that tell the BuzzFeed audience story.
- Foster a culture of storytelling across departments. Use existing data sets to produce scalable research that changes how advertisers think about their customer. Search for new data sets to audience stories yet untold. Share and democratize storytelling for clients, sales, and sales support teams.
- Evangelize automated data solutions for the business. Identify critical reporting dependencies and find ways to build data solutions to meet those needs.
- Lead audience creation and standardization. Develop and standardize the methodology required to grow our 1P audience segments for internal and external purposes.
- 3-7 years of integrated marketing, Agency, Media and/or Ad Sales is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and work across multiple departments.
- Demonstrated expertise with 1st party data manipulation, including familiarity with DMPs, SQL querying, and visualization software (Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise of 3rd party research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) comScore, Nielsen, Google Analytics, Quantcast, Tubular, Global Web Index, and Canvs.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information and research into powerful points of view—ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
- Knowledge of digital products, and cross-platform media.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace products (Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- High level of project planning, development and implementation.
- Ability to organize workflow and to follow through on multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business or equivalent work experience.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.