Manager/Senior Manager, Clinical Data
Flatiron’s mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We do this by organizing the world’s oncology information and making it useful for patients, physicians, life science companies and investigators to use in order to accelerate research and improve the quality of care. We are building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the country on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. We have a large team of abstractors - primarily nurses, tumor registrars and clinical research professionals - who help us convert unstructured data to structured data by extracting key data points from from clinical documents. Abstractors work remotely via our proprietary web-based software, where they abstract data across multiple diseases according to documented policies and procedures (P&Ps).
The Senior Manager / Manager, Clinical Data will directly manage 1-2 Clinical Data team members. This role will interact closely with members of Clinical Abstraction Operations, Product Operations, and key initiative team members within Research and will report to the Director, Clinical Data.
- Lead clinical data team members through project design and execution, specific to initiative needs
- Coach, counsel and guide on the execution of performance management, feedback, and follow-up.
- Analyze existing and proposed process flows, identify hurdles, and work with the current team to design and implement solutions.
- Understand the team as a whole - broadly, the Abstraction organization - and be proactive in driving team engagement and creating a great workplace for all.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least five years’ direct people management experience
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional teams
- Problem solving mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results; ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Enjoys a “roll up your sleeves” environment and is comfortable working with ambiguity
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced, growing technology environment
- Nose for value; ability to effectively prioritize in a challenging, time-sensitive environment
- Have a high comfort level with technology and familiarity with EMR systems and EDCs, including the ability to recommend system improvements and interact with engineering staff
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Have experience with clinical data management or data entry
- Experience managing managers
- Clinical research and/or healthcare experience
- Startup experience
- Are familiar with SQL
- Have participated in observational or clinical research in Oncology