Marketplace Analyst at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is growing and we’re looking for a Marketplace Strategy Analyst to join our Capital Markets team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
This hire will partner with Capital Markets teammates, and work cross functionally with many teams including Partnerships, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Sales and Operations, to conduct quantitative analysis, build systems, and execute plans to ensure our marketplace strategy leads the organization to exceed our goals for growth and economic health. Our business is continuing to scale rapidly, so this is an opportunity to help Better navigate a critical phase of our growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the daily management and execution of our Direct to Consumer and partnership marketplace strategies
- Optimize and maintain our Pricing and Product Eligibility Engine
- Build a model to develop an understanding of our best and worst performing products and optimize pricing strategy and eligibility slotting based on the findings
- Partner with Better’s Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to scope out and implement near and long-term opportunities for further automation
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment where business needs are ever changing and is energized by the opportunity to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. This person has strong intellectual curiosity and is able to contribute fresh, creative ideas to even the most challenging problems. This hire will bring a lot to the table, including attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong sense of teamwork. In addition to that, we are looking for
- 1+ years of prior experience
- You have a background in engineering (software or otherwise) and/or finance.
- Experience with building models and evaluating opportunities through an economic lens
- Solid analytical foundation, bias to lean on data to drive decisions and able to synthesize disorganized data into concise frameworks.
- You have some exposure (side projects count!) to working with APIs, and understand how software can communicate with other software.
- You are energized by fast-paced environments and are able to maintain composure when faced with ambiguity.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to piece together components into a coherent system
- Self-starter willing to take charge of a variety of projects
These help, but aren’t dealbreakers:
- Experience in fixed income and/or mortgage markets
- Experience at a rapidly growing start-up
- Coding skills (Python, etc) and knowledge of a database language are a plus
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.