Media Science Data Coordinator at Discovery Digital Media
The Media Strategy & Analytics team (MSA) acts as an internal data-driven media agency that handles the strategy, execution, optimization and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving viewership across TV, digital and direct-to-consumer products for all of Discovery, Inc’s 16+ networks (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.).
The Media Science team sits at the intersection of data science and media strategy to capture performance results and drive market intelligence. The business encompasses both off-channel acquisition and on-channel retention marketing efforts, which have seen exponential growth in data collection and management. Join a team that is building out a Media Science discipline incorporating big data sets, automation and visualizations to drive media efficiencies and effectiveness.
The Media Science Data & Analytics Coordinator is a critical role within the Media Strategy and Analytics (MSA) team. The position will work with the acquisition and retention groups within MSA to help prepare data for conversion analytics, track media effectiveness, and help to make data more accessible. The role will help to ingest, clean, validate and organize data in a way that makes the media planning process more automated and will allow insights to be drawn out more easily.
1. Collect, ingest, document, transform and manage data so that it can be used to analyze campaign performance
2. Compare data sets to other data sources to establish validity and document any variations.
3. Diligently monitor the quality/validity of campaign benchmarks for TV, digital and direct-to-consumer efforts
Data Visualization & Automation
4. Assist in the creation of analytics dashboards in Tableau and other visualization tools
5. Help to bring automation to reports that are currently done manually in excel using programming languages like R and Python
Campaign Analysis & Measurement Infrastructure
6. Analyze data set for insights using a variety of tools including Hive, Presto, Redshift or traditional SQL
7. Assist in building databases, data transformation pipelines and tools that provide expanded analytics capability for the department.
8. In partnership with the rest of MSA, help to advance the current audience creation and measurement infrastructure
* College degree within a quantitative discipline
* 1+ years of work experience with data analysis or media research
* Experience with programming language (SQL, Python)
* Experience with statistical software (SAS, SPSS, STATA, R) is a plus
* Experience in Tableau Desktop Professional is a plus
* Comfortable working with large datasets
* Strong data entry and analysis skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically Excel
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States