Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
As Medical Claims Researcher, you’ll work as part of the Medical Content Team to ensure all public-facing materials contain Ro’s voice and are rigorously reviewed for medical accuracy. You’ll perform the background research necessary for all new condition launches, and you’ll serve as one-half of Ro’s unique medical/legal review process of marketing materials.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re comfortable reading and interpreting medical studies and compiling background research about medical conditions. You have experience reviewing materials for medical accuracy and can easily identify opportunities for improvement. You excel at working with others, providing feedback, and optimizing content. You take a very detailed approach to your work and understand the importance of making sure information is always complete, accurate, and non-misleading. If this sounds familiar, we'd love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application! (Yes, we read them)
What You’ll Do:
- Researching: Perform background research for all potential new condition launches, relying on scholarly resources for information. Then, compile this information in easy-to-understand Information Guides that are distributed to the rest of the company.
- Collaborating: Act as the Medical Team’s representative at Medical/Legal company-wide office hours, during which time Ro employees drop by and ask for medical input/guidance on projects.
- Reviewing: Help foster a close partnership between the Medical, Legal, Marketing, and Growth Teams at Ro. The Medical Claims Researcher is the first-line-of-defense in reviewing a wide variety of content through Ro’s uniquely collaborative medical/legal/marketing review process. This includes reviewing Facebook and Google ads, website pages, national TV spots, podcast reads, emails, out-of-home billboards, and more.
- Updating: Systematically review older content on Ro/Roman/Rory/Zero to update relevant facts and figures.
What You Bring to the Team:
- MD/DO preferred, but also open to those with an NP, PA, PharmD, or PhD and broad exposure to clinical medicine
- General understanding of marketing principles and terminology
- Experience reviewing a wide variety of media for medical accuracy
- Experience navigating PubMed and familiarity with physician resources such as UpToDate and specialty clinical guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.