Merchandise Planning Manager at Peloton
We are in search of a Merchandise Planning Manager to join our Apparel Planning team.
You’ll be responsible for driving pre-season assortment planning to managing in-season financial plans and forecasts for multiple subsidiaries at the department/vendor level.
- Drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory turn goals and minimize excess inventory
- Responsible for maintaining pre-season plans and monthly forecasts with focus on receipt flow and ensure that available inventory meets open to buy strategy
- Partner with Merchandising/Buying to ensure strategic assortment plans by category allow for proper depth and breadth to support high and low volume stores/channels
- Develop Planning targets and buys for seasonal investments, including vendor strategy, and product mix to achieve balanced assortment plans across all regions, including international markets
- Lead in-season product management, pulling financial levers, modeling promotional opportunities, managing markdowns, and partnering with cross-functional team on marketing/messaging
- Maintain Global Pricing Strategy including competitive landscape analysis
- Establish key planning deliverables and timelines in conjunction with buy process and key financial deliverables
- Partner with Director of Apparel Strategy & Planning to reconcile planning forecasts to financial forecasts by subsidiary and develop strategies to amplify and/or address opportunities
- 5 – 8 years prior experience in retail planning and allocation for both digital and retail businesses
- Experience in apparel planning for international markets
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen and application
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly, motivated, and entrepreneurial. Ability to act as both a “player” and a “coach”
- Ability to formally present business strategies and action plans
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, adaptable, and possesses a willingness to take on new projects
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.