Ocean Freight Data Operations Associate
Our Ocean Freight Operations, FCL Operations Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As an Ocean Freight Data Operations Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to support the New Way Forward in client-centric customer service. You will need to have a passion for ocean freight and the ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.You will:
- Be responsible for providing high-quality data from our ocean carrier partners to our operations and customs teams;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to drive operational excellence, process improvements and automation to drive stakeholder satisfaction;
- Be the first point of contact for our ocean carrier and our customer-facing teams;
- Troubleshoot ocean freight operational issues on U.S. imports;
- Complete special projects to support the teams serving our clients and partners
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- 1-3 years of experience in operations, customer service or, a supply-chain role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a non-structured environment
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of digital communication. You keep the inbox at zero and never leave a message unread!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.