Open Source Scientific Software Engineer at Saturn Cloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:31 a.m. (EST) on Friday, September 4, 2020
In your cover letter, please describe (very briefly, no more than 5 sentences) how you would want to change the ML landscape over the next year.
Who we are:
Saturn is building DataBricks for Dask. We're ex Anaconda folks and members of the open source community. We're building a data science platform using the common OSS tools (Jupyter, Dask, Airflow) everyone loves. Why? Because you shouldn't have to learn Scala in order to work with big data.
- We're focused and work efficiently. We optimize for productivity, not hours.
- We're optimistic. We focus on how we can succeed, instead of worrying about why we might fail.
- We're strategic. We validate assumptions as early as possible. Our sales team is a key part of testing our product scope.
- We schedule meetings and limit interruptions so you can focus.
Who you are:
- You know how to work effectively with open source communities.
- You understand what matters when it comes to building scientific computing systems.
- You have a good handle on the current Python ML landscape.
- You can extend these algorithms to multi-gpu systems using CUDA.
What you'll do:
You will make Dask the most efficient, high performance, and user friendly big data computation and ML infrastructure. We expect you to do this with the existing Dask community, and to work well with other OSS devs.
- 1 or 2 phone calls to evaluate fit (who you are, what do you want to do, what have you done). There will be no brain teasers or coding challenges on this call.
- Take home assignment - 2 page document outlining how you would want to change the dask ML ecosystem over the next year
- 1 or 2 days of in person work with us on some code. Depending on your constraints, this will either be on our code base or on a related open source project. You will be paid for this work, and if you cannot accept payment, we'll make a donation to a non-profit of your choice.
Read Full Job Description