Operational Risk Analyst at DailyPay, Inc.
DailyPay is one of the fastest growing NYC based tech companies that is on a unique mission to empower America’s workforce to take control of their financial lives by disrupting archaic payroll processes and their consequences. Through rich and seamless partnerships with our clients, we have become the pioneers in providing employees real-time access to earned income daily - across all industries - so employees can pay bills on time and avoid late fees, overdraft fees, and payday loans.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset, our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. As a result of the success we’ve seen, we are going through huge growth and are constantly looking for exceptional talent to join us. You will learn, grow, and take things on and make them your own. We can’t wait for you to join us in our journey - apply now!
DailyPay is looking for an Operational Risk Analyst with solid analytical skills who is self-motivated and proactive. This role will be reporting to the Senior Director of Payment Strategy and work on a variety of technical projects. The ideal candidate takes a consultative approach to their day to day responsibilities.Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and implementation of Payment Operations policies and procedures, as well as maintaining existing company-wide policy and procedures
- Providing meaningful assessments of various risks and controls in regards to our Payment Operations reports by running and analyzing reporting trends within SQL
- Identify key risks for process and control related matters (including control deficiency analysis); develop plans to address those risks
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control guidance and requirements to support risk agenda
- Continuously seeking to improve the planning and execution of our Payment Operations reports
- Coordinate across business functions to ensure effective and efficient execution of the Payment Operations reports
- 3-5 years of experience required and a bachelor's degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Experience with financial compliance and operational risk management including management of a business process with accountability for compliance or operational risk
- Experience with creating and dispersing documentation of internal policies to senior stakeholders
- Prior experience creating process mapping in a professional environment
- Experience working with large datasets
- Very strong reporting and data interpretation skills with the ability to ask relevant questions and recommend actions based on reporting trends
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Bonus Points For:
- Technical background
- Experience working with SQL and Tableau
- MBA a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.