Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and many more) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to empower the individual through cryptocurrency. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Risk
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Gemini. Our Risk department plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, managing, and communicating the firm’s exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and relationships across the organization, our Risk team is building a robust second line of defense in a first-of-its kind industry; our goal: safeguard Gemini so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Risk Analyst
At Gemini, our most critical product is trust. Trust, and thus assessing any threats to it, is at the core of our Risk Team’s unique mission. We are looking for a skillful, personable, and creative Risk professional to help further develop Gemini as the best-in-class, regulated exchange. In this role, you will partner closely with all departments to build proactive risk strategies and models from scratch. You are an expert communicator who can bring teams together to ensure smooth collaboration and unite stakeholders around risk-based methodologies. By joining a team that is building lines of defense from the ground up, you’ll uphold our firm’s commitment to security as we work to revolutionize finance.
- Coordinate with management and control owners to update and maintain Gemini’s Process, Risk, and Control Library.
- Identify Risk and Control Library mappings based on new/modified enterprise policies and regulations.
- Execute gap assessment against regulations across multiple entities and international jurisdictions and requirements.
- Facilitate the completion of the organization’s Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) program, working closely with management and control owners to complete their assessments, including communicating procedure requirements, assessing risks and controls, and reporting and tracking of issues identified out of the RCSA.
- Work with management and control owners within Gemini’s Technology division to identify, evaluate, and mitigate significant technology risks by ensuring controls, standards, and processes are defined, designed, and implemented.
- Liaise with Program Governance Leads and Legal to coordinate monthly and quarterly reporting to Enterprise Risks Management related committees and Boards.
- Support special projects to evaluate and mitigate operational risks across Gemini.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Enterprise/Operational and/or Technology Risk.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; teamwork oriented.
- Experience in executing risk and control self assessments.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards.
- Experience documenting processes, risks, and their associated controls
- Experience in corporate Governance.
- Quantitative skill set; ability to synthesize data and build automation for risk reporting across departments.
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools.
- Teamwork oriented.
It Pays to Work Here
- We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.