Operations Analyst - Astral at IEX
Astral is looking for an Operations Analyst to operate its groundbreaking platform and solve the electronic trading industry’s toughest problems.
Global brokers and institutional asset managers bring their most important trading and technology challenges to Astral. You will synthesize disconnected sources of clients’ trading data into a single cohesive library, develop a comprehensive understanding of the clients’ challenges, and offer clear and practical insights to resolve them.
Delivering practical insights requires an inquisitive and analytical mindset, a strong intuition for product, and a high degree of empathy with users inside and outside the firm.
On a typical day, your first responsibility will be to coordinate directly with brokers, investors, and specialist technology partners to resolve any roadblocks that hinder effective usage of Astral’s products. However, your work will be varied based on the changing needs of clients and colleagues.
Clients will enlist your help to connect, address urgent support inquiries, and understand their algorithmic trading strategy. Colleagues will rely upon you to clearly define functional requirements for tools and automation that streamline processes, enhance the user experience, and continuously promote Astral’s stability and operational scale.
You will quickly become proficient with the mechanics of electronic trading, U.S. equity market structure, and the composition of Astral’s data integration technology. You will demonstrate the composure, aptitude, and initiative required to solve complex issues with integrity in a dynamic and unstructured environment.
This position is best suited for a highly-collaborative individual with strong communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. Additionally, you are:
- Open-minded and able to quickly acquire new concepts and ideas
- Committed and available to accommodate a flexible work schedule and an on-call environment
What you’ll do:
- Execute and maintain daily operating procedures
- Operate of the production platform and the support of its partners within the electronic trading industry
- Support of internal teams at Astral, including Engineering, Sales, and Compliance
- Develop expertise with Astral systems, U.S. equities market functionality, order types, and external interfaces
- Develop thorough knowledge of market rules and regulations
- Manage interaction and integration with external market participants
- Define functional requirements for tools and automations designed to promote operational stability and scale
- Onboard and configure new clients and brokers within the production platform
- Publish notifications to industry participants
- Participate in Astral product development and business development initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in financial markets is preferred, but not required
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.