Operations Business Analyst
Who are we?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. By combining the expertise of an advisor with the sophistication of a technology provider, we’ve modernized the retirement offering while removing traditional friction points. As a result, advisors get an easy button for expanding their business, employers get a cost effective solution without the administrative burden, and employees get a user friendly portal that helps them achieve their long term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech and Finserv investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $11 trillion 401(k) market. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun. Oh, and we’re really good at ping pong.
Who are we looking for?
We are on the hunt for a Business Analyst to join our Operations team to help us move data from here to there as efficiently as possible. As most platforms, we are only as good as the data we have and we are looking for an analytical, solutions oriented business analyst to build and support our interfaces between clients and partners. This role will report to the Director of Client Service & Ops and partner with our development team to build and maintain APIs, file transfers and other interfaces.
As an ideal candidate, you are tech savvy and can probably do almost anything in Excel. More importantly, you’re thrilled by the challenge of understanding a new problem and figure out a way to make things better. You enjoy building integrations between platforms to reduce manual work and increase productivity. In addition, you will also administer, configure/customize, and maintain our company-wide Salesforce Instance.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
- Build and support integrations between Vestwell and our Recordkeepers, Custodians, Executing Brokers and Payroll Systems.
- Work with internal and external IT partners to ensure data feeds are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Develop tools and dashboards to monitor KPIs and proactive alerting to possible issues and/or delays
- Manage and configure Salesforce including data integrations between our core platform and other productivity tools used by the team
- 1-5 years of experience as a business or data analysts.
- Ability to thoroughly understand business requirements, define solutions, and specify functional
requirements for use by the software development team
- Testing/configuration experience, basic understanding of database structure and SQL
- Experience with integrations via APIs, OAuth, JSON, XML and other communication methods
- Familiarity with Salesforce and integrations tools such as Zapier
- Ability to work in a fast paced, project-oriented environment and meet deadlines under tight time
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Early stage startup and/or Financial Services experience
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!