Operations Strategy Associate
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support our core operational strategy, continuous improvement and non-stop optimization of our operations processes and systems leveraging a highly data-driven approach.
- Generate novel analyses that educate business decisions and drive KPI execution (e.g. productivity, cycle time, quality).
- Work cross-functionally to optimize existing processes for our global operations teams.
- Build an automated operations system that will continue to transform the industry.
- Support capacity modeling to ensure we’re utilized properly.
Bonus points for:
- Certification in Six Sigma / lean / other process improvement methodologies
- Prior experience working in R/Python
- 2-3+ years of experience in a strategic operational role
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (SQL/Tableau is preferred)
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills