Are you looking for the chance to make a huge impact on a fast-growing startup with a mission to help thousands, potentially millions of people? Policygenius is looking for a highly motivated Outreach Writer to join our SEO team. Reporting to the Off-Page SEO Specialist, this role will be responsible for email outreach campaigns to acquire editorial citation links for our ever-growing content portfolio, in order to improve our website authority and link popularity in key insurance product verticals.
In this role, you will…
- Research and identify sites to approach, based on topical relevance, website metrics, and link acquisition potential.
- Create email templates for use in outreach campaigns.
- Write customized, engaging, and compelling outreach emails to prospects; monitor all communications and follow up effectively.
- Help promote new content, in partnership with the Media Relations and Business Development teams. Conduct regular outreach to online communities, authors, webmasters & forums.
- Collaborate on other SEO off-page link acquisition projects to improve domain authority and link popularity.
- Use SEO industry tools and web analytics to track projects and report performance.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills; you’re able to build trust and communicate precisely and professionally with both internal teammates and external contacts.
- You possess excellent attention to detail, a positive attitude, and effective problem-solving skills.
- You have strong project management and time management skills.
- You can quickly adapt to new technology and processes
- Experience in marketing, communications, PR, or SEO is a plus, whether in internships, full-time employment, or degree work; experience in SEO link acquisition or influencer relationships a huge plus, especially in financial services or health.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!