About the role…
Policygenius is looking for a talented Off-Page SEO Analyst/Specialist to join the company's SEO team. This role will be responsible for improving our domain authority and link popularity in key insurance product verticals, through comprehensive off-page link acquisition and influencer development to support our ever-growing content portfolio.
In this role, you will…
- Analyze SEO competitors’ link acquisition strategy and tactics.
- Execute off-page link acquisition projects to improve domain authority and link popularity. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Competitive link mining
- Ongoing link prospecting and outreach campaign execution
- Link bait ideation and project management
- Broken link identification and reclamation
- Implicit link conversion
- Manage linkable asset creation projects that target strategically important, high authority websites.
- Partner with Media Relations and Business Development teams to amplify outreach efforts and nurture relationships with both SEO linking domains and a broad range of influencers, industry experts, bloggers, fans, and advocates.
- Conduct regular outreach to online communities & forums.
- Perform quarterly backlink audit and spam link cleanup.
- Use SEO industry tools and web analytics to track projects and report performance.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 3+ years of hands-on experience in external link acquisition, preferably with established online content publishers or SEO agencies that serve such clients.
- Experience in white-hat, content-based high quality link acquisition is a must.
- Experience in the insurance / financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in developing influencer relationships is a plus.
- You are proficient in SEO industry tools, such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, BuzzStream, NinjaOutreach, Pitchbox, and LinkResearchTools, etc.
- You are fluent in Excel/Sheets and you have good working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills to build relationships during outreach activities.
- You have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships with business partners, ranging from Content, Product, Media Relations, to Business Development teams.
- You have strong project and time management skills - the ability to meet deadlines.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!