Partnerships Analyst at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Partnerships Team is responsible for sourcing and developing strategic partnerships for Better.com. This person will work directly on one of Better’s Business Development pods and assist with partnership development, structuring, negotiation and implementation of new strategic partnerships. There may also be a need for this person to contribute in the same way to grow or optimize existing strategic partnerships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the work of their Business Development pod, and Business Development pod lead, in all Deal facets to the extent necessary for the pod to succeed
- Conduct ongoing research, analysis and evaluation of new partnership opportunities
- Develop and manage partner relations including contributing to implementation plans (alongside the Partnerships Implementation pod), negotiating terms sheets and agreements (alongside the Partnerships Deal lead), and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting partnership pilot performance including SLAs and all other requirements
- Assisting with Audit, Compliance and Issue identification, tracking, resolution and reporting
- Act as Partnership Team’s primary, day to day, point of contact for select partners
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in investment banking, sales & trading, consulting, M&A, FinTech BD/sales, SaaS BD/sales or equivalent background
- Calm demeanor in the face of challenging and/or contentious circumstances
- Careful and extremely accurate with details
- A friendly, collaborative and thoughtful approach to client relationships
- Interested in problem solving and complex structures
Bonus points for:
- Experience with complex financial structures and instruments such as; mortgages, credit & lending products, debt restructures, derivatives or mergers & acquisitions.
- Experience within an ultra high growth FinTech industry, across companies and products
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.