Hi, we're Brigit! A financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only do we help people today, but also empower them to start saving for tomorrow. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, we're able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates. Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market and our future products will continue to empower and improve the lives of over 100M underserved Americans.
You'll help Brigit better identify fraud on the platform and manage our payments processes to ensure our members experience the product as intended. You will actively seek points of exposure at Brigit along with opportunities to reduce false positives. These points of exposure include money transfers (e.g., ACH & Card), user onboarding risks, underwriting, and others. You will also be responsible for supporting and improving compliance and anti-fraud processes/controls.
What You'll Be Doing
- Review daily payments/fraud reports, alerts, and escalate suspicious or concerning trends of activity
- Work with our CX and operations team to define and establish efficient processes
- Partner with Risk, CX, Product, and Engineering teams to identify gaps and develop strategies to overcome challenges
- Provide detailed reporting to the leadership team identifying payments/fraud findings and recommendations
- Help identify and track fraud loss rates separately from delinquency rates
- Handle payment operations related work such as POA requests, bankruptcy notices, etc.
- Collaborate with external fraud teams to stay on top of latest trends, policies, and procedures
- Work with payment partners to reduce any friction for our members
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience in payments and fraud operations
- Experience partnering with stakeholders to resolve issues and creating process improvements
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with using Excel/Google Sheets and comfortable with SQL (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to take initiative and be a proactive problem solver
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input in the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
-Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
-Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
-Dog friendly office
-Employee wellness initiatives
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description