At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You’re detail-oriented, with a keen eye for data and identifying discrepancies. You prioritize accuracy and are eager to troubleshoot complications as needed. You’re a critical thinker, with a demonstrated ability to work alongside others.
As an Analyst on the Payroll Operations team, you will work across the organization to research and resolve a variety of payroll inquiries. You will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise on best practices as a specialist in Justworks systems.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Execute day-to-day operations for Justworks payroll system including adjustments, reviewing accuracy of income withholding orders/garnishments, and verifying other relevant customer payroll data
- Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies in Justworks system
- Work with the Payroll Tax team to ensure accuracy of adjustments
- Respond to questions and requests from various teams at Justworks, including the Customer Success team
- Assist with maintaining the internal resource center regarding Payments Operations’ policies and procedures
- Assist with developing workflows and processing changes
- Support various teams as a subject matter expert on Justworks payroll
- Develop and review standard operating documents for stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Payroll Operations Analyst, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Systems thinking - the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of interdependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- FPC required, CPP preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience in payroll and quarterly tax reporting and filing
- Familiarity with basic business process management activities (process mapping, improvement, implementation, etc.)
- Prior experience with Atlassian Software (Jira and Confluence) a plus
- Aptitude for quickly learning new products and subject matter
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors
- Flexible and calm under pressure with an ability to thrive in a changing and complex environment
- Work effectively within a team, yet have the ability to take initiative and work effectively on your own
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment