People Analytics & Strategy Lead at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As a People Analytics & Strategy Lead, you will play a critical role in building our People Analytics tools and processes from the ground up. We are looking for an experienced individual who can own deliverables from end to end; from working directly with stakeholders to understand requirements to designing and implementing solutions that will enable management and drive decision making. There is also an opportunity to provide mentorship to junior analysts and contribute to the development of the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our talent decisions
- Identify baseline metrics for the design and development of accurate dashboards, reports, presentations used to educate, inform, and influence business decisions, thought leadership and support strategic objectives of the organization
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to key business partners in collaboration with other members of the people analytics team
- Investigate ways to measure and visualize existing processes for internal efficiency analysis and stakeholder communication
- Deliver analytical, survey or research results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Leverage tools, such as SQL, Tableau, Looker, and Excel to drive analytics and enable client self-service on routine queries
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- 5+ years of experience at a fast-paced startup, management consulting or equivalent company, focused on using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record of working independently, prioritizing work, and executing against project timelines
- Experience working across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Knowledge of data visualization principles and tools like Tableau and Looker
- Advanced to expert skill level in Excel (feel comfortable with complex formulas, pivots, macros)
- Advanced skills with SQL (comfortable navigating relational data models, writing queries, building views)
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.