Principal Data Architect at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact:
We are looking for a Principal Data Architect that will be responsible for supercharging our existing platform with fresh thinking on scalability and performance focused design. You will be the go-to person for all things database related, empowered to develop and drive data design and database development standards across the company. You will be a critical part of Collibra’s Data Virtualization journey, a key decision maker and tightly coupled with both product management and engineering every step of the way.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading and delivering large initiatives across the company focused on data storage and processing
- Leading architects and engineers to develop a strategy for improving the scalability and performance of the current database technology stack
- Working closely with the Data Virtualization team to design and build a highly secure, scalable and performant solution
- An unbridled passion for all things data related!
- 10+ years of large-scale Data Warehouse design.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering enterprise grade software.
- A deep understanding of data governance and privacy concerns.
- A deep understanding of database internals e.g. planning, runtime execution, storage trade offs etc. Note, deep knowledge of MPP databases is a huge bonus!
- Extensive experience architecting and building solutions using modern distributed system stacks (AWS, Cloudera, etc.)
- Stellar-level strategic thinking and communication skills, with the ability to understand both business and technical requirements at a deep level. Translating between them to lead teams around a common vision to execute, manage and achieve business objectives.
- High levels of motivation and entrepreneurial skills allowing you to push through ambiguity.
- A proven ability to manage complex inter-team dependencies, identifying issues, risks and thus providing sound workable solutions.
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*#LI-DM1