What You’ll Do
As a Principal Data Engineer on the Veeva Data Cloud team, you will support the architecture design and implementation of a large scale data pipeline. You’ll primarily focus on designing and building systems that manage data collection, storage and processing in a productized way to bring enterprise solutions to market. You’ll be a part of a small team focused on building Veeva Data Cloud from the ground up.
- Design, build, scale and evolve data pipelines and platform, including implementing ETL/ELT pipelines, from the ground up
- Integrating Big Data tools and frameworks to support the product
- Build logic throughout data products, from transformations and normalizations to data science methodologies
- Enable supporting teams through providing data in a productized approach, such as data science, services, QA, and more
- Collaborate with Product Management team to identify opportunities to continue to improve scalability, monitoring, accuracy and delivery
What You’ve Done
- 10+ years of hands-on data engineering experience
- 5+ years working in an Agile development environment
- Proven experience building products in Big Data (i.e., tens of billions of records), distributed computing and cloud
- Highly proficient in Python
- Experience working with AWS, such as Redshift
- Proficient in ETL tools (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Elastic)
- Proficient in NoSQL databases, Linux, relational databases
- Proficient in Elastic
- Strong attention to detail and focus on delivering high quality product
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field
- Experience in hiring and developing high-performing engineers
Nice to have
- Proficient in Java or Scala
- Experience with PySpark
- Experience in System Integration
- Experience in creating and testing synthetic datasets
About the Team – Crossix delivers hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.