Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
Zocdoc is seeking a Principal Product Manager - Internal Data Platform that will be part of a centralized team focused on creating and maintaining a robust analytics layer that powers Zocdoc's business intelligence tools and enables the business to answer questions quickly, consistently, and reliably. You will identify data use cases across the org and build data products that drive all critical analysis and decision-making across the organization.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Someone excited about building data products to push the whole company forward
- Have a passion for solving problems using data and analytics
- Passionate about building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- Someone who loves working in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
- Passionate about building fully scalable data solutions with the latest technologies
Your day to day is…
- Defining roadmap, vision, and execution for building tooling on the Data Platform
- Collaborating with business leaders and other partners to understand business problems and translate them into the data product roadmap
- Collaborating with internal users across all business functions in Sales, Finance, Marketing, Business Operations, and Customer teams to get the requirements for KPIs, metrics that data product needs to provide.
- Developing, owning, and overseeing execution of the data product roadmap for insights with long-term analytics goals
- Identifying and building requirements, acceptance criteria, and priorities for data platform user experiences
- Managing product artifacts such as a catalog of the core data models e.g., dimension and fact tables, logical models, and other essential data assets to support governance
- Providing strategic guidance on specific data elements that need to be tracked to ensure tracking of metrics
- Communicating with a diverse set of partners; mediate and cultivate a partnership
- Aligning with our Data Engineering & Analytics Engineering team on new and existing data acquisition and pipeline requirements
- Promoting and allowing data to help expand in the company by producing high-quality data products.
- Designing best practices for data visualization
- Collaborating with Analytics Engineering and Data Engineering team to prioritize Data products’ development
- Enabling data consumers to efficiently answer critical questions and get accurate insights with trusted and sanctioned data sets.
- Owning the administration, adoption, and end-user training support for our data products.
- Being an advocate for data governance, security, privacy, quality, and retention
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Around 8+ years of experience with 4+ years experience as a data analyst, data engineer, analytics engineer, or similar role. 2+ years experience as a Product Manager or Program Manager building internal products and tools, especially around Data
- Ability to write SQL, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake and Redshift.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and data warehousing concepts.
- Strong experience applying software engineering best practices to analytics (e.g., version control, testing, and CI/CD).
- Experience managing the administration and/or adoption of a data visualization tool (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good communications skills across all levels of stakeholder (business & technical).
- An ability to break down and explain complex technical concepts to business end-users.
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch every day along with snacks (when in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.