Principal Data Scientist at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:36 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, April 22, 2021
Crossix is a health-focused technology company dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics and innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Crossix, a Veeva Company, provides our clients with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Crossix knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in opportunities for career growth, and provide other perks, such as team outings, fitness allowances and professional development. Crossix is headquartered in New York with growing offices in Minsk, Belarus and Kiryat Ono, Israel. We are also a member of the Belarus Hi-Tech Park.
As the Principal Data Scientist for the Veeva Data Cloud team, you will be focused on designing and building our methodologies to bring Projected Data Products to life for our customers.
You are excited about statistics and data science at scale on big data and taking billions of records to tell a story, from sample curation, projection methodologies, anomaly detection, scaling approaches, clustering, and more. You design and build algorithms in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner, while being able to keep the business problems we are working to solve in mind. While ML is an important part of your toolkit, it's not your only skill. The ability to dissect the problem and to select from a variety of techniques is key.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about using their statistics and data science expertise to design and build the algorithms and models used at the core of launching Veeva’s Projected Data Products. You’ll collaborate closely with the Product Management and Engineering team to productize the methodologies and get to see enterprise Life Science customers leverage your work every day.
What You'll Do
- Apply statistical, machine learning, and data mining techniques to large health data sets to build new products and methodologies
- Collaborate closely with a team of Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Data Engineers to discover and deliver product offerings from prototype to scale, then iterate and enhance
- Explore and find meaning in high volumes of data, identify signals and patterns to identify relationships to infer the universe from imperfect data. Important skills include querying, data cleansing, experiment design, solution assessment, identifying scaling challenges.
- Rapidly build prototype product solutions, communicate findings, and iterate
- Draw from prior experience and technical expertise to identify product improvements and inform testing plans; break overall objectives down into underlying problems that can be prioritized and solved
- 10+ years of hands-on data science and statistics experience, demonstrating increasing responsibility and impact over time, including experience as the point person on projects
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or other quantitative discipline
- Highly proficient in Python (packages: pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels) and SQL; experience working with AWS preferred
- Experience working with large quantities of data to develop models that work in a stable, production approach with live data
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining techniques (regression, multilevel regression, poststratification, semi-supervised learning, forecasting, decision trees, clustering, A/B testing, etc.)
- Experience working with engineering to productionalize models including scaling, monitoring, and documentation
- Comfortable (and excited!) about ambiguity and breaking goals down into tangible and actionable work plans
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across internal teams
Nice to Have
- Statistician in a health-related field, such as epidemiology
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
If this role and our exciting company culture seem appealing to you, please apply! We want to continue to grow our diverse team of hardworking and humble people who are passionate about their work. We hope that’s you!