Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As the Principal Site Reliability Engineer of our Data Storage Systems team, you’ll be pioneering the development of new applications and tools that will help Ro in creating a solid foundation in our databases. We’re looking for a data-driven engineer by trade, who has experience working with and building database schemas used at scale and can evangelize best practices and the importance of database modeling, automation, reliability, and scalability. You’ll be managing various projects critical to Ro’s platforms and collaborating across teams to keep our infrastructure sound and stable.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with our Engineering, Product and Data Teams on building, maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure for our Ro platform
• Responsible for conducting strategy and long term roadmap of our site reliability function and technology to prepare our database infrastructure for the next phase of rapid scaling
• Identify existing and potential performance pitfalls and work with the engineers to diagnose and fix
• Define, develop, and deploy enhanced automation to reliably manage and scale our services in our multi-user infrastructure through system reliability and predictive analysis
• Ability to take initiatives and conduct research into database issues, standards, and products independently
• Advocate for best practices around technical databases, providing guidance to team members through mentorship and peer reviews
What You’ll Bring:
• A desire to redesign one of the most influential experiences and the most frequent interaction within telemedicine
• Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership and ability to oversee and manage multiple end-to-end workflows and projects
• Programming Languages/Workflows - Shell Scripting (BASH, KSH), Python, AWS (Chef, Json, Cloud Formation, Jenkins), Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, AWS
• Strong coding skills with an interest and ability to learn other coding languages - experience in Python & Go are a plus
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and provide concrete solutions cross-functionally with ease
Benefits + Perks:
• Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
• Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
• Commuter benefits
• Unlimited PTO
• Fitness reimbursement
• Paid maternity/parental leave
• The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.