Join a team of former private equity professionals building a cutting-edge cloud-based portfolio management platform for institutional investors.
We're looking for highly motivated professionals to contribute to our Data Operations and Analytics team as we continue our rapid growth.
This is a unique opportunity to gain deep experience in alternative assets at a market-leading fintech company focused on the space. You will gain expertise in financial analysis, private capital concepts and practices, corporate finance, financial research, and relationship management.
- Data management and financial analysis of private equity, venture capital, credit, real estate, infrastructure and natural resource information and research.
- Structuring data from private capital reports, including capital accounts, quarterly reports, cashflow notices, financial statements, limited partnership agreements, and other documentation at the portfolio, fund, and underlying asset levels.
- Providing feedback and ideas for innovation for both the analytics platform as well as other proprietary data capture technology.
- Communicating issues, client feedback, and edge case scenarios to the development team and other relevant team members.
The analyst program is a two year program, with exceptional candidates being offered a third year or direct promotion within the company. For those looking to transition, we will help with recruiting placement from the company’s wide network of clients and contacts.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Familiarity with and / or desire to learn corporate finance and investing concepts, not least including GAAP accounting, valuation analyses, and leveraged buyouts, private equity fund accounting and some financial modeling
- Desire to take on a leadership role at a rapidly growing company
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Internships or experience in the finance industry (in any capacity)
- Familiarity with the alternative assets industry, and private equity in particular
- You're an independent, highly-motivated self-starter who can simply get things done right
- You bring energy, enthusiasm, and humility to the workplace
- You take pride in your attention to detail and operate with a "zero defect" mentality
Why should you work with us?
- Join a growing fintech team with market-leading products
- Help continue to shape our financial analysis and data operations capabilities from the ground up
- Gain in-depth understanding of private equity and private financial markets
- Work in a focused but relaxed environment in Brooklyn (where work/life balance is a real thing)
- Get exposure to the newest web technology
Candidates should be prepared to speak to:
- Background and motivations for applying
- Concepts listed on the Chronograph website and in other public materials
- What kind of work environment you do your best work in
- How you rebound after a setback
- What you like to do for fun outside of work
We’re looking to ensure it’s a great fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to everyday.
Chronograph was founded to bring next-generation technology to private capital markets. We serve institutional private capital investors and managers globally through our cloud-based diligence, monitoring, and reporting toolset.
We help investment professionals integrate, organize, and make use of all relevant investment data, incorporating performance data collection and storage, modeling, accounting, custodian monitoring, position reconciliation, and qualitative information discovery -- all through a single, intuitive interface.
Solutions for Limited Partners:
- Underlying fund and portfolio company data aggregation and monitoring.
- Comprehensive gross/net commitment performance tracking, including fee, carried interest, and cash flow monitoring.
- Diligence tools, constituent reporting solutions, and more.
Solutions for General Partners:
- Portfolio company workflows, reporting, and data management (template-free)
- Advanced portfolio analytics
- Investor relations and co-investment constituent reporting