Provider Strategic Initiatives Analyst/Associate
We're looking for a Strategic Initiatives Analyst/Associate to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will become one of the company's critical subject matter experts on key drivers of customer value above and beyond core Flatiron products. You will be responsible for driving data-based findings in support sales efforts through OneOncology, as well as help to research and assess new and current Flatiron markets, and business service offerings. In addition you’ll also:
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams to offer a data-driven approach to assess new business solutions and expansions of existing offerings
- Support internal and external stakeholders by identifying operational issues and opportunities in data, and delivering recommendations for go-forward strategy
- Become a resource with a deep knowledge of oncology market trends through regular industry and market research
- Provide quantitative and operational support for the execution of SI services aimed at mitigating customer retention risk (e.g. partnering with Accounts team to drive key renewals)
- Collaborate closely with OneOncology to deliver data insights in support of OncoCloud and RCM sales
- Perform market research for new and current Flatiron markets, and support the expansionary strategy for organic and inorganic growth of the OneOncology network
As the complexity of our competitive environment increases, it has become even more critical to expand our consultative relationships with practice leadership, utilizing multi-faceted approaches to close deals (e.g. drug pricing optimization / negotiation) and to retain our existing customers. The role of the Provider Strategic Initiatives team is to partner with functional teams at Flatiron, and key external partners, to help drive strategic sales and retention initiatives with a deep focus on building consultative relationships with our clients to ensure their success over time.
Who You Are
You're a strategic thinker with 1+ years experience evaluating data and analytics. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities; excellent skills in Excel and other similar tooling (e.g. Tableau, Access, SQL)
- You are very hands-on and willingness to dig into details to determine root cause / identify opportunities
- You have impeccable communication skills (written, verbal, PowerPoint, etc.) with the ability to structure/distill complex issues and summarize outputs for diverse audiences
- You have passion for developing subject matter expertise in new areas and dedication to continual learning
- You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, with a proven ability to creative, resourceful, and to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information
- You have healthcare IT or healthcare consulting experience preferred
- You are willing to travel up to 50%
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have a demonstrated ability to perform market analyses and research to inform business development
- You have a baseline understanding of oncology drug distribution / GPO marketplace
- You have experience in due diligence analyses or evaluation of business/service lines
- You have experience with medical practice management software and reporting tools
- You have experience working in the business office or analytics/strategy group of a healthcare provider
- You have experience on a data analytics, visualizations, or insights team at a data driven or high-end technology company
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.