Quality Control Data Analyst at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As monthly loan origination volume increases, we are seeking a Quality Control Data Analyst to support the Quality Control team’s work in identifying and reporting on various aspects of mortgage quality. Reporting directly to the Manager, Quality Control & Data Analytics, the QC Data Analyst will straddle the line between strategy and execution, helping to determine what sort of testing our environment needs and then going a step further to build out and implement those tests.
In this role, you can expect to collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the business, including Mortgage Operations, Product, and other internal partners to ensure our origination processes align with state, federal, and investor regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create workflows & build out reporting dashboards
- Assist with monthly Quality Control reporting for executive level audiences
- Support with data migration between multiple data platforms
- Serve as a shared data resource for the Legal & Compliance team (offering ad hoc support for our state and regulatory examinations)
- Taking ownership of special projects as needed
- 2-4 years of experience in a data analytics focused role
- Highly proficient in SQL, advanced level knowledge preferred
- Experience in business intelligence tools such as Looker, Metabase and Tableau
- You are detail oriented and methodical in your approach to data, but can also be creative in developing data driven solutions
- You have a collaborative attitude and strong communication skills to partner effectively with teammates, executive leadership, and external partners.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment and can successfully navigate ambiguity and shifting business needs
- You can juggle competing priorities, prioritize effectively, and drive projects across the finish line
Bonus points for:
- Prior mortgage/ real estate experience with an understanding of mortgage origination, closing and funding processes
- Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.