Quantitative Analyst at Haven Life
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator, backed and wholly owned by MassMutual that creatively uses technology to advance the life insurance industry and better serve the modern customer.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented person to join our risk solutions team.
You will help support the vision, planning, and execution of Haven technology and product innovation. You will be responsible for providing data analysis related to insurance product development and technology platform implementation. Your work will support the pricing, development and implementation of insurance products.You will help analyze data and processes to explore new and innovative approaches to optimize the customer experience.
You will explore opportunities to leverage data for business decisions and pricing assumption development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Coordinate with actuaries and data scientists to support the pricing of for new insurance products and features
- Support product and illustration implementation on our new and innovative technology platform with product requirements, calculations tools, methods, and validation.
- Partner with business and technology product owners to implement to improve the customer experience and meet customer needs
- Adopt an agile framework to schedule work, adjust as needed and continuously improve performance
- Work with data analytics to analyze performance and interpret results
- Communicate analysis with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, including experience in performing data analysis and product testing
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter
- Works collaboratively with others, and effectively communicates complex analysis,
- solutions, limits, and options to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Experience with analyzing data and working in spreadsheet applications
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Knowledge of life insurance, disability insurance, long term care and critical illness insurance
- Experience with data science, AI and quantitative analysis methods and tools
- Software development or coding experience
- Experience with Excel, Python, R and Modeling Tools
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.