Quantitative Researcher at Clear Street
The Clear Street Markets team adds liquidity and transparency to electronic markets across the globe.
Our cross discipline team holds degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, and Statistics. We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds. Our team finds inspiration everywhere, including academia and parallel industries; sparking our next great ideas.
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will focus on gathering insights from large, complex, heterogeneous data sets. You will use statistical approaches and machine learning techniques to find patterns and predict market behaviors. You will work closely with traders to improve existing strategies, uncover new trading opportunities, and to implement algorithms. The feedback loop provided by the markets comes fast, allowing you to test new hypotheses, iterate, and push the limits of your models, strategies, and creativity.
- You have achieved academic excellence in a highly quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, etc).
- You have a proven track record of applying a variety of techniques to identify the signal in the noise of vast high dimensional data sets.
- Your deep knowledge of the assumptions made by different statistical approaches hastens your research as you quickly identify the right technique to apply to any data set. You have deep insights into the statistics and math that underpin machine learning and predictive modeling techniques (including regression analysis, neural networks, genetic algorithms, SVM, etc.)
- You have used compute clusters to conduct computational costly statistical research and are well versed in using job schedulers (Condor, ) in distributed research environments.
- You are fluent in python and the various well maintained statistical and machine learning packages
- You have experience developing software in a linux environment and you easily write object oriented code (preferably have experience with C++)
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- An environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Work that is fast paced, intellectually challenging, and most of all, profoundly rewarding.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks