Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global Product Team at HF Global, Inc. – the combined Harry's and Feintechnik business – works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on advancing both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer and wholesale business as well as strategic private label and store brand businesses in Europe and North America.
About the Role
This role is an entry level position for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering who wishes to gain valuable hands on experience testing and measuring our products, developing test methods and fixtures and critically analyzing data and then grow into an engineering role within the Harry’s team. Future opportunities include Product Design, Quality Engineering, Metrology or Manufacturing Equipment design. Successful candidates are fast learners and self-motivated, independent workers. They have the ability to work in a research/product design environment while still understanding the needs of the business. The role will sit on the Technical Program Management Team.
What you will do:
- Take over ownership of product testing and characterization projects
- Set up and operate wide variety of metrology and test equipment
- Utilizing high accuracy test and measurement systems, create and execute product evaluation tests
- Support Senior Engineers with data capture and analysis
- Work with the international manufacturing teams to provide support
- Manage lab equipment, instrumentation and material as well as work flow planning
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Hands on experience using test and measurement equipment
- Ability to learn how to extract, distill, and organizing complex data sets
- Willingness and ability to work across cross functional boundaries
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Strong computer skills with office productivity software for e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
- Detail-oriented approach to work – strives for accuracy
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- An ability to communicate across many teams, and a special talent to bring them all together
- Sense of humor (one that will reach all corners of the world is a plus)
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report directly to the Senior Director of Research & Development
- You will be a part of the Technical Program Management, working cross functionally with many teams including, R&D, Quality, Sensory and Manufacturing
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.