Real Estate Analyst at Common
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Develop in-depth understanding of city and underlying sub-markets by owning comparables analysis and broader market analysis
- Analyze new acquisitions / development opportunities and prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital and financing structures
- Prepare internal and external presentation materials and documents (e.g., pitch materials, pro-formas, LOI’s)
- Work with internal and external design and construction teams to optimize floor plans for shared housing
- Assist in sourcing new acquisition opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with our local developers, investors, brokers and other real estate professionals
- Facilitate in coordination between real estate and other teams at Common (e.g., work with Marketing to get monthly lease-up velocity information)
- You have 1-3 years of experience in real estate, any real estate related fields and/or analyzing real estate transactions
- You are an Excel power user and have experience with real estate financial modeling
- You have excellent research, analytical and presentation skills
- You have a passion for real estate, shared living and Common’s mission
- You thrive in accomplishing detail-oriented tasks
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic startup environment
- You are entrepreneurial, able to work without well-worn paths or established protocols
- You know how to ask for help when you need it and you keep your cool in stressful situations
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.